Staying on top of your personal and professional life can be a challenge. At Station 3700 Apartments in Euless, Texas, we hope to make your daily routine a bit easier with tips and tricks that can be applied to every aspect of life.
Speaking of tips, monthly bills are easier to navigate – and outsmart – than you might think. We all dislike them, but they need to be paid in full and on time regardless of our feelings. While paying bills can leave a less than savory taste in your mouth, there are ways to lower certain bills, and one is your electricity! Check out our suggestions for saving on your power bill, especially since you’re now working remotely or just find yourself at home more often.
1. Replace air filters regularly. Dirty air filters make your HVAC system work harder to circulate air, which increases your electric bill. Filters with higher MERV ratings help filter the air better.
2. Monitor water heater temperatures. If your apartment has its own water heater, consider turning the temperature down while everyone is away so that it’s not heating unneeded water.
3. Be laundry smart. Use your washer, dryer, and water heater less by washing larger loads at a time. Use even less energy by washing in cold water, if possible.
4. Be energy efficient with your lighting. Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) are a little pricier upfront but have a longer lifespan and use less energy.
5. Smart power strips. Prevent electronics from wasting electricity when you’re not using them by turning them completely off when they go into standby mode.
6. Switch both lights and ceiling fans off. Yep, every time you leave the room.
7. Adjust your thermostat. Don’t waste your energy dollars cooling or heating an empty apartment. Give your HVAC system a break by adjusting your thermostat to 80 degrees in the summer and 62 degrees in the winter when you leave for the day.
8. Be kitchen smart. Use the microwave for cooking rather than the stove. Use the oven at night so your A/C won’t work as hard during the day. Turn off the heat-dry setting on your dishwasher.