Are you the type of person who can never have enough lip balm? Do you keep a tube of lip balm in your purse, in your car, and on your desk at work? If so, you might be curious about making your very own lip balm blend at home. After all, lip balm isn’t expensive to make, yet it can cost several dollars at your local drugstore, and even more at specialty stores, like Ulta or Sephora. Save your hard-earned money and still get ultra-soft lips with a one-of-a-kind blend!
This simple DIY recipe uses just a handful of ingredients to create a fragrant lip balm that you’ll love using! Not only does it smell and taste great, but it’s also all-natural, so you can feel good about the ingredients that you’re using on your skin.
So, what are you waiting for? Round up a few supplies and try this DIY Lip Balm tutorial, which takes only 10 minutes, tops!
You will need:
• 3 Tbsp. beeswax pellets
• 2 Tbsp. shea butter
• 4 Tbsp. coconut oil or other liquid oil such as almond oil, olive oil, or grapeseed oil
• Essential oil (10-20 drops) or flavor oil (1/2 gram)
• Pots or tubes with lids, for storing
1. In a microwave-safe container, melt the beeswax, shea butter, and coconut oil in 30-second increments, stirring well after each one.
2. Stir in the essential oil or flavor oil.
3. Carefully pour into pots or tubes and allow to cool before using.
Inspiration can come from anywhere – just ask the team at Station 3700 Apartments in Euless, Texas. By passing along this information, we hope to inspire you with new ideas, projects, and goals, too.